Riding a Plummer-Worley School District bus is a privilege. Students must conduct themselves responsibly or they may lose their bus riding privilege. Students must know and abide by the safety rules posted on the bus and follow the driver’s directions at all times.
1) Stay in your assigned seat at all times.
2) Keep hands, feet, books, and objects to yourself.
3) No swearing, rude gestures, cruel teasing, or put-downs.
4) Use classroom voices on the bus.
5) Follow driver’s directions.
6) No eating or drinking on the bus to and from school.
7) Enter the bus with the least possible confusion, be seated and remain seated
until the bus is stopped for pupils to unload.
8) Keep all parts of the body inside the bus except when loading.
9) If necessary to cross the roadway, cross 15 feet in front of the bus
at the driver’s signal.
10) Stay away from the bus except when loading or unloading.
11) Follow driver’s suggestions promptly and cheerfully.
12) Treat others and equipment with respect.
13) Wait in an orderly line and avoid “horseplay.”
14) Go directly to assigned seat when entering the bus.
15) Do not use profane language on the bus.
16) Do not use tobacco, alcohol, or drugs and controlled substances on the bus.
17) Do not throw or pass objects on, from, or into buses.
18) Except when prior approval is granted,
pupils are to carry on only objects that can be held on their laps.
19) Do not carry hazardous material, or animals on the bus.
20) Do not leave or board the bus at locations
other than the assigned home stop or assigned school.
21) Do not hitch rides via rear bumper.
RIDING A SCHOOL BUS IS A PRIVILEGE—NOT A RIGHT!